Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Fifty First Dates

So you guys know I belong to an online dating site.

I'm telling you, it generates ALOT of activity.

Anyway, on to my point. If I haven't had 50 first dates, I haven't had one. I'm here to tell you, first dates are hard work. You have to partake of all that witty conversation, the "tell me about you" bullshit. You have to make sure the conversation doesn't falter... Heaven forbid there's dead air during a first date. You have to avoid certain foods, because Jesus on a stripper's pole... if you eat broccoli, you just know it's going to end up right there between your two front teeth! And at the end of said first date, there's that awkward moment when neither of you knows whether the other one would like to go out again.

So why do I keep going on first dates?

Because I have the "But What If?" syndrome. It goes like this: I'm thinking on my way home from first date, "Yes he was nice. Um... he was ok. Er, he wasn't THAT great. What if there's somebody out there better suited to me? What if I stop searching now, and my soulmate is the very next one? What if this one turns out to be (and here you can fill in any number of lame excuses not to go out on the second date) boring, crazy, baggage laden, a stalker... and on, and on.

Having access to SO many single men who all are advertising for company, is like giving a kid a hundred dollars and sending them into a penny candy store. They're going to be in there all week, and have a helluva hard time making decisions!

In order to quell some of this madness, I've decided to have a second date with Dude, whose picture you see below... because he's very sweet (as I already mentioned) and because he's persistent. In other words, he keeps calling. He can't be all bad right? I mean, he's persistent enough to try to rope the wind - namely, me!

3 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's calling, that's a good sign. Just remember, practice makes perfect. You'll be a pro at first dates soon enough. You never know if one of those may just been "the one".

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Jos said...

I am rooting for "Dude." He's calling, so he has to be interested. And who would NOT be interested in ya, Sybil??!!??

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger L said...

i miss the excitement of a first date. what should i wear? hair up or down? red lipstick or pink?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home