Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I Knew It !!!

nexy said...
52. I have traveled to every state in the U.S. except Alaska, Idaho, & Nebraska

i've been to nebraska. the state motto: "nebraska; bring something to do".

"The 5 instruments I play are; guitar, bass, banjo, steel pedal guitar, and keyboards."

i think i may have been you, and you me, in a previous life. i also play (or used to - i always say that i used to be a musician, but now i'm just an instrument owner) guitar, bass, keyboards, drums, and the recorder. all my life, i've had this compulsion to play steel pedal guitar - now i know why.

54. I love to ride my motorcycle, but everytime I get on it, I wonder if that's the day I'll die on it.

i think that i'll either die on a motocycle, or in a plane crash - either way, i know that i'll die in fire. i think i'd rather die on a motorcycle - it's closer to the ground, and carries much less fuel. and besides, they are so much more fun to ride than a plane. and so far, it's the only activity i've found that's actually better than sex.

87. I love Nashville, TN

this was my second choice of places to live, after phoenix, az, where i am now.

you know, if we actually meet, it might set off some kind of matter/anti-matter annihilation thing. perhaps that's the fire i see in my own death.

12:06 AM


Nexy, let me tell you.... I have always had a bone chilling fear; to the point that it used to be a nightly nightmare - that I will die in a fire. In fact, sometimes I would actually sit and cognizantly consider whether dying in a fire, or drowning would be worse.

When I enter a new place, whether a club, a theater, a restaurant, someone's house... the first thing I do is establish for myself where the exits are... ALL the exits.

I suppose a shrink would have a field day with me, but I suppose a psychic would be more accurate.

2 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger nexy said...

sybil says:
"In fact, sometimes I would actually sit and cognizantly consider whether dying in a fire, or drowning would be worse."

i am more convinced than ever that there exists between us, some kind of eternal connection or synergic conjuction that defies traditional physical laws. i am a great swimmer - i once swam over 5 miles way back when i was in summer camp, completely around the lake on which the camp was located. yet, i also have this eternal fear of water, and of drowning.

i can't count the number of nightmares i've had of drowning.

my apartment in new jersey was right up against this creek. a few years ago, a hurricane passed through, and that little creek rose so high, i could reach my hand outside my bedroom window and touch it.

i was terrified, and knew that i'd have to move soon.

my mother has a 5th floor condo on the jersey shore, right on the beach. i could never live there - it's *way* too close to the ocean.

yet, i still have this - ummm, vision? feeling? understanding? that i'll die in fire. despite that, i believe drowning would be worse. at least in fire, one would be so consumed by the pain from the flames, and choking on the smoke, that death itself is almost a secondary concern. with drowning, the only pain is ones inability to breathe, and the struggle to do so as water fills ones lungs.

so, ummm, yeah, i've thoroughly ruminated about both possibilities too.

and yeah, i'm also all about knowing where the exits are, and whether or not the windows are doubled paned, in case i have to crash through them.

and i've been in therapy for years. now i'm wondering if that money would have been better spent on a good psychic.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

double hmmmm

kindred spirts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home