Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Almost Forgot !

Geez... how could I forget to tell you all this one?!

On Friday of last week, I received in the mail a very official looking letter, on Harvard letterhead.

It says;

"Dear Ms Sybil, we are pleased to inform you that you have been named as this year's recipient of the prestigious "Who's Who Among American Business Women" award.

It then goes on to describe what an honor this award is, and in whose company I will be, and when the gala award ball will be.... blah, blah, blah.

I wrote back and said basically... 'Thanks for the honor. Just send me the plaque and the money.' I'm not much for balls, you see, they require gowns and what not.

Well, my brother (you know... my Dupree?) he thought that was simply unacceptable, and how could I possibly not want to take my "15 minutes of fame."

He doesn't get it.

I don't do it for the glory,
I do it FOR THE MONEY!!!!

6 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Jos said...

Wow! You go girl!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger nexy said...

heh, i got one of those letters too :)

i don't plan on returning it.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Sybil said...

Nexy,

I'm laughing because I know the letter you're talking about. I get one of those every few months. Their scam is they want to sell you the book your name will appear in.

My letter is legit. I was nominated by my company several months ago. It's a big deal Harvard Business School thing.

Regardless, I still only do it for the money. :-P

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you can admit why you are doing it. However, it seems like quite an honor to me. Congrats.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger nexy said...

oh, cool :) congratz! heh, no one in my company would nominate me for anything, except perhaps for "best attendance" or something...

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger L said...

dear ms. sybil,
congrats on the honor!
sincerely,
ms. lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home