Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Something Different

Ok, so I met him yesterday. He's from that dating site I joined.

I had cooled it on that site for a while, figuring that I needed to give it a break to change my luck.

So this guy... he's 2 years older than me, but he looks 10 years older. He rides this big, obnoxiously noisy (but pretty) bike... and he is as sweet as the day is long.

When I first saw him in person, I felt a little let down; I mean, he's no Mel Gibson, but as I started talking to him, and spending a little time, he sort of grew on me.

Anyway, we met for coffee, which turned into having dinner together, which turned into catching an outdoor concert on the waterfront, which turned into taking a ride on his big noisy bike, which turned into going back to his house (on the water) to watch the fireworks. A bunch of his friends rode up on their bikes for the fireworks, and we all sat around "Ooo'ing, and ahhh'ing" and laughing... lots of laughing. All in all, it was a really nice (and long) date.

***
On a different subject, Sunday night I went out to karaoke with my ex husband. It wasn't a date, we just both wanted to go, so we rode there together. Well, an hour or so into it, the little place really filled up (being a holiday weekend and all) and there were many young, attractive girls there.

LOL....

So, my dear ex husband says to me, "Sybil, do you have to sit beside me?"
I said, "No. Why?"
He said, "Are you kidding? Look at all these beautiful girls. I don't want them to think we're together."
I laughed. I said, "No problem. You're on your own." Then I went to the bar and the hottest guy in the place moved right in on me, and we had a grand old time. Meanwhile, dear old Ex scored ZERO for the night.

I call that POETIC JUSTICE!

LOL

4 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger Jos said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Enjoy! Life is too short.

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Jos said...

Sounds like you had a blast. Enjoy! Life is too short.

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Sybil said...

Stellina,

Yes, I agree... this is an attractive picture. However, I'd guess it's at least 5 years old, and not at all how he looks now.

That being said, he's still a very sweet man.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger L said...

well the picture looks nice, but its annoying when people look older/fatter than their pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home