Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Surgery... Blah!

Yesterday was my big day. I was at the hospital at 6:30 am, like they told me to; proceeded to sit in the waiting room until 7. Waited on a gurney, practically nekkid, freezing my extremities off for another hour. The IV nurse finally showed up and proceeded to stick me 4 times before she could get a viable line going. She said I was dehydrated, therefore my veins collapsed. I was like... "well, nothing to drink since 10pm last night, of course I'm dehydrated!"

So anyway, they gave me nothing remotely close to a tranquilizer while I waited. I would have really appreciated a little help getting to Zen at that point, but nope. Nuttin'

Then finally, they wheeled me into the O.R. I wide awake, and alert. As I looked around, I was amazed at how utterly chaotic that room seemed. It also seemed old, cluttered, and not at all sterile... I'm just sayin'.

They positioned the operating table, told me to skootch over onto it, which I did- told me to position my head comfortably into the hole in the table, which I did- and the next thing I knew, I was awake in recovery.

Man! Nobody even told me "Ok, we're putting you to sleep now."

As for the rest of the day; my biggest complaint was the awful burning when I urinated, from the catheter I presume.

So now here I am, procedure behind me, waiting for biopsy results - which will not be until 2/12. OY!

3 Comments:

At 2:56 PM, Blogger L said...

glad you survived! drugs are your friend at this point!

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found it a little bothersome that i was all awake when they rolled me into the OR, too. However, it was bright, brand new, and sanitary and smelling cleannn. Oh I got warm blankies, too. :P It was so HHJJ!

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Jos said...

Here's hoping you are doing and feeling better.

(((Sybil)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home