Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Just Another Day

Here's hoping everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

As for me, yesterday was just another day. Oh... I went to my mother's house for dinner, but not because I was looking forward to it.

We had a small gathering for dinner; Me, Mom, my godson, my brother, my uncle, and my ex husband (she always includes him for the holidays.) We ate the expected food; turkey, potatoes, stuffing, blah, blah, blah. Had the expected desserts; pumpkin pie, apple pie, cheesecake, blah, blah, blah.

We had the prerequisite family arguing and squabbling... naturally.

And after it was all over and done, I left & came home to my dark, empty house and proceeded to cough and sneeze until I fell asleep.

Basically, just another day.

However, yesterday marked the official start of my seasonal depression. It's now officially the Christmas season, and I absolutely hate it. The music, the tv commercials, the expense, the hustle & bustle, the phony jovialness. Hate it, hate it, hate it.

Each year I threaten to boycott Christmas, and each year I am forced to pretend like all the years before, that Christmas is a wonderful time of the year.

This year, I'm pretty much broke, thanks to my brother... getting him back on his feet cost me thousands... so I can't escape to a warm beach somewhere, but next year... NEXT YEAR... it's palm trees and Pina Colada's for me. Just you wait and see!

4 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Jos said...

I am right there with you on the seasonal depression. I absolutely hate this part of the year.

I wish I could fall asleep and wake up on January 1, 2007.

I hate this feeling.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger L said...

i always try and make christmas a positive holiday, but it seems sadly lacking every year. maybe something in my past hinders me from having a happy holiday? who knows.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger aliciarose said...

I swear I keep telling hubby that we are spending next Christmas in Mexico or somewhere warm, tropical, with lots of alchohol. I am totally with you on Christmas, you'll see soon enough.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah next year take a cruise or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home