Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Update

So it's been a little over a week since I posted anything and the biggest news I have to share is I'm officially on vacation as of close of business yesterday. Yep, that's it. Exciting, huh?

Said another way, there's nothing new going on around here.

I'm 3 days away from turning 47 - that is kinda newsworthy because I never thought I'd live to 40, nevermind beyond! I have no plans to celebrate; I think I'll just let it pass by quietly. (Or as quietly as Halloween can pass.)

There are a few other birthdays around the corner too... Stellina, both Jimmies, Sandie... all us Wicked Scorpios with our world reknowned tempers, our mile-wide vindictive streak, our legendary passion, and our ferocious loyalty! Happy Birthday to my Scorpio brothers and sisters!

In other news, D called me Thursday night out of the blue. I was like... 'Ah shit! I thought I was off the hook with this one.' But he called wanting to know why we stopped communicating. Of course, in typical Passive Aggressive fashion I said, "Because you stopped calling!" This probably wasn't a good idea because naturally, he apologized and suggested picking up where we left off. Great! Now what? It's funny; I have no problem being assertive in my professional life, but when it comes to my personal life, I lack cajones. I just can't bring myself to say buzz off... I guess I'm just not cut out to hurt feelings. So, I'm back to making excuses, and avoiding answering his phone calls. Terrible, huh? I know!

Let's see... as to Dupree; He's pretty well situated in his new apartment, which by the way, is really very nice. But, he's in whine mode lately. He feels isolated, lonely, trapped, in exile.... etc., etc., and the list goes on. My response to all that is, "Well, if you'd pass your driving test all your problems would be solved." He finds my stoic response less than amusing! Oh well. I've done all I can. He's got to stand on his own two feet now. Oh..... but not before he cost me another $500.00 this week. Let's not even go there. It still makes me mad!

My handsome and brilliant godson started his new job this week. I'm so proud of that kid. Some day I'll post about him and his no-good mother... let you all know about that abortion of a story.

My friend Ro gave me my birthday gift yesterday. It's a BEAUTIFUL leather jacket and matching gloves! She really goes too far! But I love her and her husband to death anyway!

The DJ thing is what it is. Becoming more of a job than fun. I guess it's just a busy time of year with parties and holidays and all. And I guess it's a compliment to be in demand.... but Keeerist! I need a weekend off!

Well.... boring as it all is; that's the news from here!

4 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Blogger Jos said...

Thanks for the update and have a fabulous vacation.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance!

Cheers, Sybil!!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh wouldnt it be so fun if I rented a hall for my birthday and your gift to me was to let my guests do karoke? LOL!! wink wink hint hint...

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Sybil said...

Stacey,

I'd do that for you. No problem.
Just keep your mother away from me.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger L said...

happy birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home