Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Nobdoy's Perfect

So, Curt is gorgeous, and sweet, and cultured... blah, blah, blah. But, he drinks too much, and he socializes with uber snotty people.

He's dinner parties for 6, I'm pizza & beer for 2. He's after work martinis, I'm after work chocolate ice cream soda. He's (about his friend) "Isn't she greeaaaat?!" I'm "Is she always so loud, or only when she's shitfaced?!"

Um, I'm going to try to work through these initial annoyances, but I dunno. My tolerance is zero.

My brother said, "Sybil, come on. He's not like you; he's a mere mortal. Mortals have faults." My brother may be slightly right. I am somewhat judgemental in terms of finding fault, but damn... I want what I want. PERIOD.

4 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger L said...

i think that women have been selling themselves short on who they date. there is nothing wrong with knowing what you can and cannot live with. cuts down on a lot of heartbreak.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreeing with Writer. However, I think the men in our area suck. You gotta branch out to say... California or Alaska.
And you gotta get rid of my old link ;)

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger Jos said...

It is all about YOU now Sybil, so I am there with ya. . .

Keep us posted.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger AlmstHvn said...

It's so much easier to say goodbye to them after a couple of dates than it is months/years later ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home