Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Friday, December 01, 2006

Stuff....

So Tuesday I went to my hairdresser appointment. I needed a trim BADLY. I'm sitting in the chair and my hairdresser says to me, "Sybil, let me straighten your hair." So I let her.

Can I tell you? I L.O.V.E. it! I can't remember the last time I was able to pass a comb through my dry hair. It's like... I never want my curls back again. But, alas... I know it's only temporary, because after all... it's not nice to fool Mother Nature. (I guess you have to be old like me to remember that advertisement catch-phrase.)

In other news, last night I had another first date. We met for coffee. When he got out of his car, I looked up, and up, and up to see his face. I felt like I was a tourist in NYC looking up at the Empire State Building! The man is 6'7" ! I shit you not. He is attractive enough, but as we were sitting there talking, something was gnawing at me... like he was so familiar, but I couldn't place him. Then suddenly it hit me -

Ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond? Do you remember Raymond's annoying cousin, the accordion player? Well... this was him. His annoying whiney voice, his poor articulation, his annoying self-deprecating way. Eeww! Once it hit me who he was reminding me of, I was off like a prom dress.

See ya... I'm aaaaaaaallllll set.

After that, I went to do some karaoke at this place where I used to play. The DJ, (whom I've known for years) apparently took an overdose of stupid pills and was a total asshole toward me. It reminded me of 1st grade when the boy who has a crush on you picks on you and pulls your pigtails.

So he aggravated me all night long until finally I had enough beer in me to let him know that I was on my last nerve. When I told him to smarten up, he got even more obnoxious. Only trouble was, all the guys in there are friends of mine, and they saw what he was doing, and well... to make a long story short, that DJ came very very close to getting his sorry ass kicked all the way into next week. So in effect, I basically started a bar brawl. But, in truth, I didn't start it, I just fueled it.

Once the guys in there straightened out DJStupid, I decided I'd had enough commotion for one night, and snuck out the back door while the dust was still settling.

Hm... enough excitement for one night!

4 Comments:

At 12:48 PM, Blogger nexy said...

6'7" - wow. i dated a guy who was maybe 6'3" at one point. i loved it. too bad he was a jerk.

and i guess i'm old like you - i very much remember that ad. wasn't it for butter or something?

and go you for starting bar room brawls!

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger aliciarose said...

Everytime I get my hair done, my hairdresser knows that she better straighten my hair, no ifs, ands or buts about it. It always looks so pretty, and I can never make it look the same. She says in all the years I have been seeing her (7+) she has never seen me with my curly hair, lol

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I wish you had shared a picture of... wait a minute. I have SEEN you and I HAVE PICTURES of you with STRAIGHT BROWN HAIR. So my question is... Whatchoo talkin bout, Sybil??

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Sybil said...

No,no Stace..... you've never seen me with hair this straight.

I mean, it was Pantene commercial luxurious and straight... and blonde. LOL

It was so gorgeous, even I couldn't keep my hands off it. LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home