Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Card Reader

Several months ago, mom asked me to accompany her to see a card reader. I had nothing better to do, so I went.

The woman was an elderly French lady who did readings from her home. Her equally elderly husband and little granddaughter were snuggled up on the sofa watching Matlock in the living room, while we sat in a small den listening to our future.

The woman read from a standard playing card deck (I was expecting a Tarot card reading, but ... whatever, I was game.)

Anyway, she went through her mojo, and proceeded to interpret the cards I had chosen. She began by hitting some rather sensitive secrets right on the head. Needless to say, she had my attention. She also had mom's attention... but that's another story. I asked mom to leave the room!

The point of this post is, about half way through the reading, she began to focus on my romantic life. She nailed the (at that time) very fresh drama with Dickhead, and then went on to assure me that Dickhead would become an unpleasant memory, and that I would eventually fall in love with, and be loved in return by an engineer.

I thought to myself, "Yeah right. Where on earth am I going to meet an engineer?"

So, months and months have elapsed. My romantic life has been virtually non-existant. There's been Match.com, which has been, for the most part a joke.

Then I met Dude. (See photo below)

Of all the gazillion first dates from Match, Dude has been the most promising. He was the only man I would consider keeping around for further investigation, so-to-speak.

Dude & I had our second date Thursday night. It went famously. There will be a third date.

Oh... by the way..........

Dude is an engineer.

5 Comments:

At 11:14 AM, Blogger Jos said...

Amazing! I need to pay a visit to your card reader. I used to visit a lady who read from a cigar. She would smoke it and read from the ashes. It was interesting.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Sybil said...

I don't know how or why I started calling him dude...

But, he is sorta a dude.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger nexy said...

actually, modern playing cards are thought to have originated by copying the tarot deck.

 
At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got the chills reading that.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger L said...

trippy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home