Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Password Hell

I couldn't blog for a few days because some evil entity ate a blogger cookie and I needed to enter my username & password, which I forthwith forgot. I guess I could have gone through the contortions of getting a new password sooner, but I was too lazy.

The whole ordeal of not remembering my password here caused me to take mental inventory of the passwords I must remember on a daily basis. There are just too freakin' many, and I'm not as young as I used to be! How is a person of my advanced age supposed to remember all this?

Let's see, there's;

ATM, Cellphone Voicemail, Work Voicemail, Windows Login, Work Email, Personal Email, Match.com, Blogger, Starnet, Intranet, Bank Login, RxU, Connections, Verizonwireless, Comcast, and a whole host of others which I can't remember at the moment.

Is it any wonder that on occasion I draw a blank?

What about you? Do you manage an entire database of usernames and passwords in your memory? Do you ever totally space one out and have to get a new one?

3 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Jos said...

I often have trouble remembering my own name!!

In addition to the "usual" passwords such as VM, email, online accounts, etc., I have about 30 passwords for various work applications. I am NOT kidding! I keep track of them in my palm pilot (hope I never lose THAT USB cable!) lol

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have about 5 or 6 passwords I switch between and about 3 or 4 different user names I switch between. My problem is I always forget which password and user name I use.

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Cat said...

I know you're not supposed to do this, but I write them down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home