Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Lobster Anyone?

I had some free time early this afternoon, so I grabbed a chair, a book, and a towel, and headed 50 yards down my street to the beach.

It was FABULOUS there! So cool, with a beautiful coastal breeze blowing steady. Little children played in shallow water as their moms screamed for them to stay close.

I was only there an hour and a half. I read three quarters of my book. Then I felt my bladder begging to be emptied. Good thing too, because when I got home and saw how glaringly red I was, I was shocked. I used sunscreen. Whatup?!

So, right now I'm walking gingerly, swinging back & forth between boiling hot, and cold chills, and my clothes HURT!

6 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger Jos said...

Awwww, feel better. Shhh. . . I hate the sun and the beach. . .To think I grew up on an island! What a shame. . .

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger L said...

hopefully it will turn into a fierce tan!

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm latina and I always burn really badly first then tan. Must be the Irish.

I can relate. Chilled aloe vera always works for me.

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger Sybil said...

Stellina... Like Sassy, this red burn will turn brown. It's just the first time in the sun always gets me!

Anyway, I'm not your typical Portuguese chica. Most people don't believe me when I tell them I'm Portuguese. They take me for either Irish, or Jewish.

Hey.... who ever heard of a blonde haired, blue eyed, fair skinned Port?

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger Jos said...

How are you feeling? I am latina and I "tan" (more like burn) faster than immediately! The irony is that I grew up on an island. . .I suppose I had my share of burns. . .

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger Sybil said...

Jos,

I feel better except for my chest. Last night that area hurt so much it kept me awake.

Noxema... to the rescue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home