Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Is There A Sign On My Back?

So, I put this ad up on a very active dating site. It generates a healthy amount of activity and inquiries. Some perk my interest, others do not at all. I'm selective about which ones I respond to, and I'm thoughtful ... even clever, with my responses.

Things are going along at an acceptable pace, and I begin chatting with one man in particular, with whom I seem to have alot of common interests.

Last night, as we're chatting some more, getting to know one another a little bit more, (understatement) he slips and tells me he's on ssdi.

O.K.

I ask him what his disability is, and he says, "I'm bipolar.... but the medication seems to be helping."

O.K.

A few minutes later he says, "I don't drink anymore. I'm an alcoholic."

O.K.

Then he says, "The picture you have of me is about 7 years old."

O.K.

See why I think online dating services are bullshit?

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger aliciarose said...

lmao.....only you. ;)

(of course I mean that in a good way)

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger nexy said...

i don't know that online dating services are any worse than "regular" dating services, exept that perhaps the "victims" are interviewed, presumably, by someone before hand. whether or not that actually improves the situation - well, i'm not sure.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger L said...

theres a new show on cable called log in for love. very very interesting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home