Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Why Isn't God On The Same Time Zone I Am?

I read my friend's blog every day. You know, the one that's linked over there ---> and if you're REALLY lazy, right here ... www.sabredtongue.com.

She attends AA meetings regularly because she is the adult child of an alcoholic. She seems to be learning a great deal from those meetings. And know what? I am learning a great deal by reading what she posts that she's learned from those meetings.

One of her posts today talks about, everything happens in God's time, not ours. This is a lesson that I really need to embrace. My typical M.O. is; I want what I want, when I want it. No ifs, ands, or buts. And ... heaven forbid, no waiting.

For those of you who know me from tBlog, you know that I was involved with a classic Passive-Aggressive man, and if you've never had the misfortune of living with a person like this, let me tell you... it is hell on earth especially for an impatient person like me.

So today, I've been expectantly waiting for something to occur. Something which is entirely out of my control, and something which I desperately want. I want it so bad, I can taste it. So I'm waiting, and I'm waiting, and I'M FUCKING WAITING ALREADY... and nothing. Nada. Zilch.

As the time continues to tick by, I become increasingly more agitated. No... agitated is too mild a word. I become increasingly more INSANELY PISSED OFF. Soon I'm burning up the cellular towers, cutting people off on the highway because I'm frantically dialing numbers instead of watching the lunatic Boston traffic. I'm late for appointments, because I'm wasting time tracking down the object of my irrational desire. Finally... when I become so positively obsessed with this all consuming something, that I can no longer focus on the work at hand, nor the traffic all around me, I decide that the smart (and safe) thing to do is to head home, where at least I can obsess in the safety of my own home.

Now, at precisely 1:21pm, I sit here at my computer, creating this post, and going absolutely out of my mind that my something has not occurred, nor is it within my power to make it occur, AND I wasted perfectly good business hours, which could have netted breakthrough results, AND I drove all the fuck the way to New Hampshire FOR NOTHING.

So... as I was saying earlier... This notion that my friend writes about; 'All things happen in God's time, not ours,' ...... What I want to know is, why isn't God on my time zone???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home