Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Therapy

I finally accepted that I can't solve my issues by myself.

I always thought that therapy was for the weak. (Sorry to those of you who have been in therapy... but I'm just being honest.) But I finally came to realize that there are some motivaters which make me do things, decide things, feel things, which I don't understand; and more importantly, I don't like.

So, I'm in therapy. My therapist is a very nice man named Doug. I like him well enough, except he has one eye that travels, and I never know which eye to look into when I'm bearing my soul to him. This is rather maddening, but I'm sure I can manage.

The foremost burning question in my mind is, how can a person take a horrific beating from someone, and still love that person?

I don't know what the answer is, but I'm hoping to find out.

In other news, Mr. New is history.

I tried to get along. Tried to ignore the fact that as the days went by, he was consistently irritating me more and more. I tried to keep in my mind that although it wasn't love, it wasn't bad. But, he just isn't the guy for me. No other way to put it. To be honest, I'm not sure there is a "guy for me."

Last night was the frosting on the cake. I won't go into details, but let's just say that something very minor gave me a raging case of Red Ass, and I just let it rip. He called me twice after that, and both times I just tore him apart. This morning, he called again and asked if I was still mad at him. I told him I wasn't, but that nothing's changed. I told him he's just a crotchedy, cantankerous old coot, and I can't be bothered with his pissy attitudes... millions or no millions.

Nah... there isn't enough money in the world to make me put up with his old man shit. Not to mention ... (Jared, close your eyes...) I am not IN.THE.LEAST. attracted to him in a sexual way, and in fact, the mere thought of anything physical with him, repulses me. So there. I said it. Good Bye Mr. Buck and a Quarter.

7 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger nexy said...

heh, i have no problem being thought of as weak. i've come to know that it's better to be weak and not in pain, than to be strong and in pain.

as an aside, finding a therapist is kinda like finding a man. sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

omg Nexy... today I pulled a picture off the wall at my husbands to take our picture out of it because under it I have a card that says that. And to prove it, I am gonna scan it and post it on my blog. Come see!

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Jos said...

I am seeking help too. . .

I NEVER thought I would need therapy or a psychiatrist, but here I am. . .seeing BOTH weekly.

It's a miracle I am still here today. What a terrible, terrible feeling it is; hopelessness, despair. . .

I totally understand, Sybil.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Sybil said...

Nexy,

Ironically, I never thought of YOU as weak. On the contrary, I think of you as one of the strongest persons I "know."

I've also come to feel that it takes a strong person to realize and accept the reality of not being able to solve your problems on your own.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Sybil said...

Jos...

One day (soon) we need to belly up to a bar in CT and commiserate.

:(

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger nexy said...

thank you sybil, that really means a lot to me :)

and i love the pic stacey! i left a comment over on your blog.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger L said...

i tried therapy a few times, but ended up being more frustrated. i think nexy is right though. if you find the right therapist, things can actually be resolved. best of luck!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home