Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Scuba Santa, and Other Things


This week I was in Cincinnati. Our group went to the Cincinnati Aquarium, where we had the place to ourselves. They gave us free reign throughout the place, and I really enjoyed it.

They have a Rain Forest room, where hundreds of birds fly freely throughout. If you choose to go in there, they'll give you a small container of "nectar" (which is pretty much sugar water) to lure the birds to you. Naturally, I wanted the birds to come to me. I held out the nectar, and within seconds ... whooosh.... 10 or more birds were landing on me. They were beautiful. Vibrant blues and reds and yellows. All squawking for the nectar.

While we were seated for dinner, the screen at the stage was lifted and there inside this enormaous tank, were sharks, and sea turtles and a multitude of other cool sea life swimming up to the glass. Also was a sleigh and eight sea horses. Then.... suddenly Scuba Santa and his Safety Elf sank down to the bottom of the tank.

I don't know about you, but I had to take a picture. Have you ever seen a Santa in scuba gear? No. Me either.

Anyway, this picture was taken with my phone, so if it's not all that clear, I'm sorry. But you get the idea.

In other news, I have a second date tonight. The first date was Sunday. This is pretty huge because you guys know I don't often meet someone I care to go out with a second time. So let's hope for the best, and I'll let you know how it goes.

1 Comments:

At 9:50 PM, Blogger Jos said...

That is the coolest santa I have ever seen. . .Scuba Santa. . .genius!

Hey, is Oregon still prancing around? Would love to take him/her to South America.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home