Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

In This Case, They Win

Look at the beautiful majesty of the Canadian side of Niagra Falls. After beholding this, the U.S. falls leave you feeling ... "so what!"

This picture was taken from my room on the 39th floor of the new Falls Hotel, which by the way, is also on the Canadian side.

Believe it or not, I had never been to Niagra Falls. I figured it was something I owed it to myself to see, so, see it I did.

What really awed me was that, as I walked toward the viewing platform, I could feel the ground tremble from the force of the water. It blew my mind. That, and from as far away as a quarter mile, I was getting hit with spray. The power in those falls is simply awe inspiring.

As I wandered around town though, I was duly unimpressed with the decidedly "honky-tonkness" of the area. Not to mention that housing there was what I would call below poverty levels.

I was at Niagra Falls last May, when I went on that spontaneous 12 day road trip. One other stop along that trip was in Washington DC. I have one other picture that I want to post of another awe inspiring moment that I had... but I'll save that one for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger nexy said...

i've lived on the east coast, within a day's drive from the falls for about 45 of my 50 years here on earth. i've never been there. now i'm 2500 miles away. i really should have gone there, while it was still a relatively short drive away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home