Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

American Idol...

I never thought in a million years I'd get hooked on ANY reality TV show... much less a talent competition. But, hooked I am.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Taylor is the man. I feel vindicated too because Barry Manilow said Taylor was the best male vocalist in the competition.

It's too bad that the entertainment industry is so superficial. Because of this, Mandisa doesn't have a shot (I think); even though Ruben did win season 2, and he was also very overweight, where is he now? Ever hear anything about him? Nope. Clay Aiken, who was Ruben's runner-up is the guy with all the success. Ironic? No... It's all about image.

While I think Mandisa is a phenomenal singer, with a fantastic range and great feeling in her performances, I predict she will be relegated to a career as a background singer. I don't know anybody who broke through and landed their first record deal being that overweight.

On an American Idol board, some asswipe made a comment that some of the contestants are too old to be on the show. She said the age range should be 18-26. Gives you some idea of the age of the person making that post. My feeling is, if you have the talent, and you please the public, age is secondary. Furthermore, I have met very few... almost none, in fact... people between the ages of 18-26 who know their ass from their elbow. They're still stumbling around trying to figure out who/what they are. So... to the idiot who made the age comment... STFU. Thank you.

1 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Sybil said...

She was part of a singing group. There are plenty of overweight people who made it.. but not as a SOLO artist, and not WOMEN.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home