Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bumper Sticker Seen Today ...

"I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians; they are so unlike your Christ." - Ghandi

My goodness, how profound!

I must admit, I tend to agree with Ghandi.

While I refuse to be labeled, I consider myself a Christian. That is, I believe whole heartedly in the Christian dogma. I do not, however, believe in the organized Catholic dogma. In fact, it is my opinion that Catholocism is the world's largest cult.

I know there are some out there who will read that and insist that I will burn in hell for it. Be that as it may, as far as I'm concerned, my relationship with Christ needs no intermediary. It is a personal, one on one relationship where I talk directly to him; whether that is to seek guidance, ask forgiveness, give thanks, or praise. And he in turn, without fail, gives me the guidance, the solultion, the patience, the understanding that I need at the time.

I do not need a man in a white collar to validate my beliefs.

So, in general I will say - yes Ghandi, I tend to agree with you.

2 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Blogger nexy said...

for what it's worth, i also believe christianity is a cult. a jewish cult, to be exact. i don't believe in dogma. only catma.

:P

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Jared said...

Amen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home