Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Still In Awe



I bought this TV a month ago. Sony Bravia 52" HD - all the bells and whistles. It's been here a month, and I still marvel at what I see when I watch it. The individual hairs on a man's stubbly face. The hairs on a bumble bee. The details are phenominal. Of course, I find myself sticking to strictly HD channels now, because non HD programs simply suck on a HD tv (a word to the wise.)

In preparation of getting the tv, I switched from Comcast to DirecTv. Right now I miss the DVR capabilities of the Comcast box, but DirecTv has a DVR HD box you can buy which only costs $200 at Best Buy... that's on my list of must haves.

Then, I invested in an updated Bose home theater system. I already had an older one, but the newer ones are sleeker and well... I didn't need it, but I wanted it. So now, I'm a full fledged, couch potato. I can't pry myself away from the television. Geez.



Then, add to that this new mini-series on HBO; John Adams. I'm totally and thoroughly hooked. This show dimensionalizes the trials and tribulations that you read about is US History, but never fully fathomed. It draws me because all of the locations are local to me. When they're showing you the Colonists marching to war, they're marching on dirt roads that are now paved highways which I drive on everyday. When they show you things like Bunker Hill, and Boston Common, I am totally immersed because this is my day to day surroundings. It simply fascinates me.

Well... sorry but I gotta go watch TV.

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jos said...

Glad to hear you're ok. . Ms. Couch potato

J

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Derek said...

I am hooked on John Adams too I was gonna do a post about it myself. That tv is awesome my dad has the same one not sure it might be 62in but It might be 52 cause I don't think they make the 62. Anyways he rants and raves about it and asks when am I getting one ...... Uh when you send me a check for a large sum of money

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Derek said...

Oh yeah bad news not a single episode was filmed in our great state. How can you film John Adams and not even film in Braintree or even Quincy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home