Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Monday, April 21, 2008

In Memoriam



This was my friend. She died on Friday, April 12 at the too young age of 53, after a year long battle with lung cancer. She died a horrible, lingering, painful death which robbed her of all dignity.

We were both quintessential Scorpios. We had so many things in common, and just as many things were quite opposite about us. We understood each other, sometimes without speaking - it was like a telepathic connection between us.

She was direct to a fault, often loud & vulgar, but never malicious. She loved to sing, and she loved to laugh. There were 2 times, over the years, when we were at odds, but it didn't last. We could overcome differences that most could not.

You always knew where you stood with her; a trait that is sadly absent in most people. She didn't have a lot, but what she had, she'd share with anyone who needed it. She was generous beyond her means.

She was the champion of the underdog. People who are somehow on the fringe, socially outcast, the less popular. She welcomed them into her circle, and did not judge.

She had a less than charmed life. In fact, life was damn hard for her - right from the begining, and all the way to the end. But you'd never know it by her attitude. She had a love of life, a joy for laughing, and enjoyed giving. She had a big heart.

She ended every conversation with me by saying, "I love you, my friend." and she meant it.

This world lost a unique and wonderful soul, and I will miss her dearly.

Godspeed my friend, may you sing Motown forever, and my you never hit a sour note.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jared said...

I had no idea she was terminal. Though you're certainly right, we've lost a great person.

At least she's not in pain anymore.

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Jos said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. May she rest in peace. . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home