Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rob Update

I decided it ain't gonna work.

He works until 8 or 9pm every night. Then he has to go home and eat with his son. On the weekends he's carting his 18 year old son around (who doesn't drive, by the way) getting haircuts, and shopping, etc., etc.

I'm not down with that. I have no kids. I have no pets. I have nothing tethering me to a routine or schedule, and I don't want to take on someone who does.

If that sounds selfish, so be it. But why should I adapt my lifestyle for the sake of getting involved in a new relationship?

Furthermore, he said something that hit me wrong. He said that if and when things with us got very serious, he wanted me to get a blood test to check for STD's. Well... who the fuck is he to tell me that? I should be the one telling HIM that. And I would have, eventually. But therein lies the difference between tact, and no tact. I would have waited. The bottom line is, I am right on top of that, and I don't need him or anybody else demanding it from me.

Nah..... I'm all set with this one.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've chosen not to be tethered, I don't think there's anything wrong with not wanting that. That would be enough for me(if I were in your shoes) not to persue things :)

 
At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow ... you are harsh!! LOL ... I agree on the lifestyle thing, your lifestyles need to mesh, though how impressed am I with a guy who is so family and responsibility orientated? But as for the STD thing ... I don't care who brings it up, as long as someone does, shows he's responsible again. I'm sure he planned on doing the same for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home