Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I Missed The Fireworks

Does "love at first sight" really happen? Are there such things as soulmates? Do skyrockets in flight happen in real life, or only in the song?

I'm begining to wonder. In fact, I'm becoming down right jaded on the subject.

Lately, I've met a number of reasonably attractive, reasonably successful men. None of them make me feel like I can't wait to see them again.

Is it me? Are my expectations too high? Is it like Stellina said, that my standards are too high?

But why should I settle?

I feel like I have an awful lot to offer the right guy, so why shouldn't I wait for skyrockets in flight... that is, unless they really do only exist in the song.

The men I'm meeting are for the most part, professional, nice, unencumbered, good income, and totally free. So... could it be that I'm really only attracted to emotionally unavailable men... perhaps because I might not be so emotionally available myself? Oh GAWD! What a realization!

2 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger nexy said...

i believe in love at first sight. the moment i saw my husband, i *knew* he was the "one". the rest is history. keep looking, you'll know when you find him.

 
At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my experience, it wasn't until I stopped actively looking that the right one came along. It may not have been love at first sight, but there was definitely something there by the end of the night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home