Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Cloud Nine

Last night I met Robert. He called 15 minutes into American Idol (bad timing!) and wanted to meet. I told him I could go out at 9pm. He was ok with that. So he chose the Dunkin' Donuts here in town, which was nice... less travel for me.

I got there before him, which is my M.O. and waited only about 5 minutes. Then I saw a newish Chevy pickup truck pull into the parking lot. I peeked through the window of DD to get a glimpse of him (because photos lie.) What I saw made me smile.

He was a tall, muscular, dark haired, dark complected handsome man, dressed very casually. He strode with confidence, and had the most amazing smile, with straight, white teeth.

When he walked in, I caught him sizing me up (they all do that... men are so shallow!) He stuck out his hand, so I stuck mine out, and he pulled me close and gave me a hug. Nice.

We got ourselves cups of coffee, and sat down.

For the next two and half hours we sat there and talked, and laughed, and talked, and laughed some more. I don't know where the time went, but when I noticed the clock on the wall, it was 11:30 and I was shocked to see how much time had slipped by unnoticed.

I liked this one. I mean.... I really liked him.

Outside, I kissed him gently on the lips. Which, by the way, are the softest lips I've ever kissed. He asked me if I wanted to see him again, and I said... "Of course." He laughed, and said "Good. Me too."

I drove home (all of 5 minutes away) on Cloud 9.

Hard to believe... me.... Sybil The Jaded.... floated home on Cloud Nine.

5 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great night. I hope this one will work out for you! :)

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i agree with dee.. =)

carol

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger nexy said...

add me to the agreement - this one sounds like a dream :)

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger aliciarose said...

Me too me too!!!!

Awesome. I am so glad to here that!

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Sybil said...

Stellina,

Yeah.. I went out with him again last night.

He might be a keeper!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home