Often Incoherent ~ Always Menopausal

I Never Said I Was Perfect!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Single Life In The New Millenium

Whoever thought that being single in the new millenium meant that one had better have access to the internet, and high speed access at that! While granted, I haven't been single all that long, it has been long enough for me to explore some of the options available to single, successful, available women like me.

First and foremost, LOVE@AOL is ... "read my lips" NOT AN OPTION! I have come to believe whole heartedly that 99 and 44/100ths of the men who have ads there are hopeless wastes of space.

Next, how about MySpace. One word: NOT. My opinion of MySpace is it's filled with predominately pre-pubescent (regardless of their age) schmucks. It is, in effect the e-version of the 80's meat market, hook-up spot. So, uh... no thanks on MySpace.

Then there's the personals on (take your pick) Yahoo, MSN, etc. etc. Well, I suppose if I were given to a patient nature, I might be able to cull out some possibilites somewhere in that mess. However, the key word in that sentence is if. Alas, when they were passing out patience, I was off somewhere else getting a double helping of ambition, then doubling back into the marginally bad attitude line.

So, what's a girl to do you ask? Well, I'll tell you what I did. I apparently saw just one too many of those sweet and sappy e-Harmony ads. So, after much wringing of hands, and gnashing of teeth, I bit the bullet and subscribed. But just for a month!

The results so far, after a week and half mind you, are mixed. I have been "matched" to several eligible bachelors and have begun communicating with 2 of them. But I have to tell you... the people on that site take the whole concept MUCH too seriously. I mean, fer Christ's sake... just send me an email and I'll respond. Don't bother me with all the crap in the middle.

Anyway, there's one fellow who I am contemplating meeting for a cup of coffee or something, one day in the near future. He seems to have potential. Good job, easy on the eyes. Only one (major) drawback. He is raising two teenaged daughters by himself. I have thus far, diplomatically neglected to mention to him that nine times out of ten, teenagers give me a rash!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home